Pontiac G6 Forum banner

21 - 40 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
I knew it had the IS, it just seems most of the clunking complaints are coming from the electric steering, not the hydro. Either way, the noise is gone for now.

Still no recall notice. I called and they said they didn't have the details yet. But that was a few days ago.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I asked the dealer the next day after I heard about the recall. They said they hadn't heard of it. They checked the VIN on my 09 GT and found nothing up for it. Doesn't the recall state it affects all G6 Malibus and something else

Sent from my Desire HD using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Registered
295 Posts
I wanted to let everyone know that is wondering about the recall for the shift cable. At this time through my resources I show that you will be notify by mail if you have the recall on your vehicle. If you would like I would be happy to check your VIN through a PM. When I find out current information for you I will be happy to get back with you and let you know. I apologize that I don't have any additional information for you at this time.

Thank you,

Tina
GM Customer Service

·
Registered
44 Posts
I was just at the dealership the other day and they told me my 2008 GT had no recalls yet. But that was also the day we were getting the hurricane and they all wanted to get my oil change done and go home.

Are they spacing it out so the dealers will be able to get everyone done without wait or are they going to do everyone at the same time? For now, I am setting my parking brake just in case :)

·
Registered
32 Posts
So yesterday I finally got the recall in the mail for the shift linkage issue. The information was released how long ago?... And last I checked at the dealer which was about 2 weeks ago they still had no knowledge of it.

Sent from my Desire HD using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Premium Member
4,232 Posts
I haven't gotten a letter either, but I believe that is because my shifter adjuster piece was already serviced due to an earlier recall. I'm fairly certain it's the same fix.

Here is a picture I snapped, this is behind the motor, on the very bottom left is the exhaust cat, and clearly on the bottom is the Trans Mount.
And circled in red is the part in question, the repair looks like a piece of screen material with a hose clamp around it... pretty high tech stuff here.

·
Registered
606 Posts
Just had my second cable kit recall installed. Looks like they added a black retainer, shiny black. Same kit # so could be wrong, it does look different.

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
Just had my second cable kit recall installed. Looks like they added a black retainer, shiny black. Same kit # so could be wrong, it does look different.

Are you saying they replaced a previously installed clamp on the same car with a different clamp?

·
Registered
606 Posts
The shiny black part was not there before, it was just the grey wrap and hose clamp. I'll ask Monday.
My trunk lift cylinders are weak, to be replaced under warranty. Needed to be ordered.

·
Registered
606 Posts
The black shiny plastic part is the new fix, 2 piece cover over the shift attach assy.
Also received a $50 service coupon for a 14 year old truck, service writer has seen a lot.
Sucking up to us old truck owners, really don't need another truck, only 62K on it.

·
New Englander in Midwest
7 Posts
I'm probably going to get scolded here, but I got 2 recall notices re: this issue and have yet to take it to my dealer. Why? I straight up don't trust the dealer that I bought this from. Granted, I got a good deal on my car and whenever I have been in an accident and needed bodywork, they fixed it spot-on, but the service portion of their dealership is shady.

When they sold me this car it turned out to have a bent rim on the rear tire. I argued it with them and they simply gave it 3 alignments instead of replacing the damn rim. After the second alignment I took it to a tire place, paid the $200 and had it replaced, then had them do the third alignment (this was within a month after I had bought this).

To top it all off, this GM dealer had promised me 2 key fobs when I bought the car. I got one- one that worked for 1 month. When I had taken it back for the third alignment I said "my key fob is not working and I cannot use my alarm and remote start". They looked at it and all the did was wipe the contacts with alcohol (I could have done that!!).

Turns out that after I had someone who works in electronics look at the thing he said that contacts on the motherboard itself are totally worn off and they should have seen that when cleaning it and replaced it entirely. So not only did this dealer screw me out of the rim they should have replaced, but the key fob they should have replaced- essentially $400 worth of service items. I think because they sold me the car at a low price $9999 for a G6 GT '08, leather/sunroof, they did not want to put anymore $ into retaining a customer.

Anyway, sorry this post is so long, but I just do not have another local dealer that I trust to bring my car to and I don't have friends who can run me around all over the state to go to another dealer. I just think that bringing my car in- they will screw something up either out of their laziness, stupidity or purposefully tamper with other things to rack up a future service bill.

I'm in a conundrum...

·
Registered
295 Posts
Hey Metal Lady08

I would be happy to find a different dealer in your area if you would like me to. Please let me know by PM and include your zip code.

Jackie
Chevrolet Customer Care

21 - 40 of 43 Posts