Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Pardon me, I've lived my life with stock brakes (and worse). This is my first major brake upgrade.

The pads on my G6 are coming due for replacement. Since I have a GM Protection Plan, the calipers are covered under warranty for another 40,000 miles. I want to use GM parts so I can keep that going, and the Cobalt SS pad/caliper upgrade caught my eye.

My understanding is I can just have my dealer or a shop throw on the Cobalt SS Brembo Caliper (Part 25900763) and Brembo Pads (Part 25808929). No modification required.

Anything missing there? Want to make sure before I go in quoting costs locally to do the job.

·
Registered
447 Posts
You would need the calipers and pads, but also the pin kits and rotors as well. Stainless steel brake lines arent a bad idea either

However, Im not to sure your warranty is going to cover calipers if you use calipers from a different vehicle

·
Decepticon Extraordinaire
5,348 Posts
Rotors are bigger so you cant reuse your old ones.
Calipers also wont fit under a stock rims....well, not without modification.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Rotors are bigger so you cant reuse your old ones.
Calipers also wont fit under a stock rims....well, not without modification.
Is that all rims or just the base? My V6 has the GT's 17-inch rims... I'm surprised they would hit up against those, but if so I can believe it. I just never read that was needed for the brake job.

·
Registered
447 Posts
Yupp i needed a 5mm spacers to clear my 17s

1 - 6 of 6 Posts