Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought a 2006 G6..sweet ride!

It had no remote and my question is:How can I find out if a remote will even work and does it have remote start? Is there a web site that can answer these questions or is this a dealer question?
:confused:
Also, I saw on ebay plenty of used remotes around $15 but the dealer has to program them, has anyone gone this route? Is the dealer going to ream me to reprogram it?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Yes

Call the dealership service department and give them your vin number. They will be able to tell you if it has remote start. Witht he GM key FOB you must have the dealer program as they have to match it with their equipment. Sucks, but I believe it's like 35 or so to do it.

·
Registered
7 Posts
remote

I just went through this dealer told me to go ahead and buy the remote so i did off ebay got 2 of them took it back to the dealer to have it programed and after a hour there they told me the option was not added at the factory and i had to buy a after market your car needs some ap8 code i get my after market installed this friday

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Got the remote from ebay for 12 bucks..looks brand new! dealer programmed it for free and I think I could get use to the remote starter.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello All!

New to the forum. My preowned '07 G6 didn't come with a remote. I purchased a new remote but most of the dealers in the Dallas area are charging upwards of 50.00 to program it. Any way I can program it myself?

Thanks!!! :D

·
Registered
6 Posts
Nope No way to program them yourself it has to be done at a GM dealer. $30.00 to $50.00 is the going rate for the programing.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts