Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2008 G6 that came with remote entry but not remote start. I had the remote entry code (can't remember what it was) so all I needed to do was buy the remotes and have it programmed.

I purchased the other remote start....the one with the two way remote, and the antenna that mounts inside the car. The starter came with two remotes....the two way one, with the screen, and a regular remote starter. My question is, my original two remotes....the ones that just open the door, and don't start the car......they don't work anymore. Can they be programmed so that all 4 (2 old, 2 new) work? My dealer said no....no reason given though.....anyone have a clue if this is correct?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I guess I wasn't clear. I did buy remote start and keyless entry, I was wondering if there was anyway my old keyless entry remotes could be reprogrammed to be used as well as my new remote start/keyless entry remotes

·
Registered
5 Posts
I read somewhere that once you go 2way, regular FOBs wont work. Also, you can only sync 3 FOBs with one car at a time. One exception, a regular remote came with the 2way set, right? That one should work too.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts