Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought an 07 G6 V6 sedan. It did not have remote start and was not AP8 coded. It did however have the long range locking remotes. Dealer added remote start with no problems for $325. Had the remote lock kit in stock for $195, and cost $130 for reprogramming. Was told as long as you have the extended range remote option, it will work.

Rob

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just trying to help out. I have been reading on the just about every gm forum it wouldn't work without being AP8 coded. But it does work if you have the extended range remote option it does. It even somewhere on here. The newer cars aren't AP8 coded, but remote start works anyway. Just trying to help some folks out that had questions.

Rob

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have a 2007 Saturn Aura - pretty much the same car as a 3.5 V6 G6. How can I tell if I have the extended range remote option??

Thanks, -Dave

Just trying to help out. I have been reading on the just about every gm forum it wouldn't work without being AP8 coded. But it does work if you have the extended range remote option it does. It even somewhere on here. The newer cars aren't AP8 coded, but remote start works anyway. Just trying to help some folks out that had questions.

Rob

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You will have the new style GM remotes. Part number on my remotes was 15252034. These are the long range remotes.

Rob

1 - 6 of 6 Posts