Pontiac G6 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for a remote start key fob. Part number 17800737. My car is set up for it, so might as well have it.

If no one has one for sale, can someone point me in the direction of a decently priced one. Don't want to pay over $200 for one through the dealer.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the offer, but I have no desire for the 2 way. Just the regular 5 button is what I am looking for.

·
Professional geek
433 Posts
Thanks for the offer, but I have no desire for the 2 way. Just the regular 5 button is what I am looking for.
You can find them cheap on ebay. http://shop.ebay.com/?&_nkw=22733524&_sacat=See-All-Categories The average price is about $20 shipped per fob but better deals can be found.

The potential big cost will be getting your car programmed to recognize them. If you're lucky you'll find a dealer that will do it for free.

~ MattInSoCal

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You can find them cheap on ebay. http://shop.ebay.com/?&_nkw=22733524&_sacat=See-All-Categories The average price is about $20 shipped per fob but better deals can be found.

The potential big cost will be getting your car programmed to recognize them. If you're lucky you'll find a dealer that will do it for free.

~ MattInSoCal
While I appreciate the comment, that is the wrong part number. I have listed the proper part number in my first post of this thread.

As for the dealer side of things, I already have it set up to program them for $45

·
Professional geek
433 Posts
While I appreciate the comment, that is the wrong part number. I have listed the proper part number in my first post of this thread.

As for the dealer side of things, I already have it set up to program them for $45
Hi Andrew,

The part number you listed is for the Official GM Remote Start Kit for cars that have the remote start receiver already fitted. The kit contains only two of the 22733524 fobs. If your car already has either the AP3 or AP8 RPOs then you are ready to go after buying one or more of the 22733524.

$45 is about the going rate for programming, though it only takes them about 3 to 5 minutes to do the actual work. I was lucky and got mine done for free.

I'm sorry for trying to be helpful.

~ MattInSoCal

·
Registered
128 Posts
When I bought my car back in 05 or so, I was given a replacement remote because one of the originals was missing. Well few weeks ago (Jan 2011) I was looking for some wires in the trunk and found the original 2nd remote under trunk lining on the left side. Might not be relevant in your situation but you should give it a shot and look all over the cab and trunk see if you find anything.

I would sell you my third remote but I swap out the guts off my worst looking one so I can use the newer cleaner housing and gasket.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I am looking for a remote start key fob. Part number 17800737. My car is set up for it, so might as well have it.

If no one has one for sale, can someone point me in the direction of a decently priced one. Don't want to pay over $200 for one through the dealer.
Amazon has dorman kit to program thru database port you can get extra and program three at the same time under 100$

1 - 8 of 8 Posts