Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2006 GTP sedan I bought about 6 months ago with 247000 miles. I've been slowly fixing it as a project. I think there were more things that didn't work than did. One thing seems to keep driving me crazy. The car came a key but no fob. I bought one of those fobs on ebay with a programmer that I couldn't get to work. I've replaced the electric lock switch on the driver's door and all the electric locks now work as well as the alarm. Since the remote has never worked I'm not sure if the basic system is working and the cheap fob and programmer just didn't work. Any way I can test this and is there a fuse for it? Also, and I'm not sure if this might be related, the lights don't come on when I open the door. I know they work because I can turn them on manually.

·
Registered
329 Posts
You will need rpo code ap3 and/or ap8. If you have them Great. I think the ap3 mean the car is equipped already and ap8 means the car needs a kit to be equipped or the other way around. I dont remember the exact detail.
the G6 has an on off control in the driver information center. Dic. Make sure to turn it on. Hopefully this helps.
let us know.
good luck
convertme

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The car came with the fob. The remote start feature was on the info screen off the radio before I replaced it. When I bought it used there was no fab, just the key.

·
Registered
329 Posts
One thing most people do not realize is that the fob is a transmitter and you program the car to match the fob.

7 Posts
I ordered a new key fob from amazon 10 bucks max and had my automachanic hook up his computer and program it. The whole thing took 10 minutes at the most of everything works great again because before the remote start wouldn't always work it would just beep. I hope this helps!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts