Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Over the past few weeks every time I try to use the remote start the car does not start. The lights flash, but nothing. If I go and put the key in the ignition and start it that way, then shut it off and try the remote, it'll work. I took it to the dealer and what do you know the remote worked every time. They ran it through the computer and no codes came up with anything wrong. I picked it up two days ago, worked fine and now tried the remote today and nothing. Can anyone help? :(

·
Registered
132 Posts
panda9996 said:
Over the past few weeks every time I try to use the remote start the car does not start. The lights flash, but nothing. If I go and put the key in the ignition and start it that way, then shut it off and try the remote, it'll work. I took it to the dealer and what do you know the remote worked every time. They ran it through the computer and no codes came up with anything wrong. I picked it up two days ago, worked fine and now tried the remote today and nothing. Can anyone help? :(
Are you doing the following: Push and hold the lock button for 1 sec then release. Then immediately push and hold the start button until it starts.

If this doesn't work, try this when it's stubborn: Push the unlock button, then push and hold the lock button for 1 sec and release, then immediately push the start button until it starts.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The batteries in both remotes have been changed. And I've tried every way to have the remote start the car. i've actually tried what MISCREANT suggested early this morning when I found out the remote start once again didn't work. It seems as the cold weather started this year, the remote start doesn't want to work. Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
10 Posts
panda9996 said:

·
Registered
279 Posts
In addition to "codes" the dealer can also check "remote start disable history" with their service tool. Hopefully they know this.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I have already taken it to the dealer, and left it there for two days, and the remote start worked fine everytime. Got it home and a couple days later it didn't work again.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I had the same problem this morning, only my check engine light came on. I tried it again at lunch, and only after 5 minutes of being on, I get in the car and it shuts off. Turn car back on and engine light is still on. When I went out at the end of the day, light was off. Not sure what was going on. I'll have to see tomorrow.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts