Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My remote start is not working...I push the lock button and then hold down the start button and all it does is beep at me 3 times. I have a new battery in my key FOB, my check engine light is NOT on and I have checked the DIC to make sure the automatic start in enabled. Any ideas on how to get it too work now that the weather is getting cold here in Chicago! Thanks!

·
Registered
195 Posts
i had an issue like that but mine didn't hunk at me ... mine had a hood latch problem because the latch is what has the sensor in it that tells the car if the hood is open or not ... if the sensor is messed up then the car will think that the hood is open and the remote start won't work because it's a security feature ... so uhhh ... don't try to replace the latch yourself because ... are you ready? this is really funny ... this is what the dealer told me - the hood latch has to get programmed to the body control module ... hang on to your chair ... they charged me $190 for the new latch and the labor ... not too bad but still ...

hope you get it fixed

·
Registered
2 Posts
My remote start is not working...I push the lock button and then hold down the start button and all it does is beep at me 3 times. I have a new battery in my key FOB, my check engine light is NOT on and I have checked the DIC to make sure the automatic start in enabled. Any ideas on how to get it too work now that the weather is getting cold here in Chicago! Thanks!

·
Registered
2 Posts
i faced the same problem that you are having right now, anvd what i did was ,i took it back to the dealership"both remotes" and reprogram the signal.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts