Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay I have an 05 GT and my remote start will not work. All that happens is the parking lights flash and no start. All windows and doors are shut good is not open nor the trunk. Any ideas?

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Registered
474 Posts
Hit the lock button first (?) Thats what I have to do with mine...

·
Premium Member
4,232 Posts
Is the check engine light on? The car will not start with the remote if it's on.
Also I noticed on my car I can only start it with the remote twice before I need to start it with the key. After those two times it'll just flash the lights and not do anything. I have to go and start it once with the key before I can do it up to two times with the remote again.

And Of course, it's lock, then start to get it running.

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
Here's the complete list of RVS disabling criteria:

The RVS system will not operate if any of the following conditions are present:

• A current vehicle DTC that illuminates the malfunction indicator lamp (MIL)

• More than 2 remote starts have been attempted.

• The hazard switch is in the ON position.

• A current hazard switch DTC is set.

• The vehicle hood is ajar.

• A current hood ajar DTC is set.

• The CTD system detects an alarm trigger.

• Excessive engine RPM

• Excessive coolant temperature

• Accelerator pedal position greater than 0 percent

• Vehicle not in park

• Vehicle theft deterrent malfunction

• A current automatic transmission shift lock control system DRC is set.

• A vehicle speed sensor signal is detected by the ECM.

• The vehicle is in valet mode.

Quite often, the problem is a malfunctioning hood ajar switch. It may have popped a B3006 code. You'd need a code reader that can read GM body codes to find out. Basic code readers won't read body codes & body codes won't light the MIL.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the help guys. I got the process down and there's no CEL on. Sounds like there are alot of fail safes so I'll try the hood latch sensor. Now does the DIC say good ajar normally or no? Cause it shows doors ajar and trunk ajar now.

·
Autobot Mechanic Lycan
125 Posts
Thanks for the help guys. I got the process down and there's no CEL on. Sounds like there are alot of fail safes so I'll try the hood latch sensor. Now does the DIC say good ajar normally or no? Cause it shows doors ajar and trunk ajar now.

mine didnt. so you wouldnt know until you took it to the dealer/garage and asked

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ok. Does anyone know where Roget a new hood latch sensor? Besides dealer they'd probably charge alot.

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
...Sounds like there are alot of fail safes so I'll try the hood latch sensor. Now does the DIC say good ajar normally or no?
No. Unfortunately there is no "Hood Ajar" DIC message.

I'm not advocating replacing a part that has not been verified to be bad but it's up to you. In this case chances are good it is the problem. The hood ajar switch is part of the latch assy. Make sure you get the latch with the switch built in.

It's not a bad DIY job. If you want to try it shoot me a PM with an email address & I'll send the how-to to you.

One more thing: before RVS will work again you'll either need to have the code cleared (assuming here a B3006) or wait for it to self-clear.

Conditions for Clearing the DTC B3006
• A current DTC will clear when the conditions for setting are no longer present.

• A history DTC will clear after 40 malfunction free ignition cycles.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts