Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have three cars with working remote start fobs. I also have one extra remote key fob of the same make and model. Would it be possible to program one remote that will start all three cars and keep the individual remotes and cars as they are?

i thought that i had read somewhere on here that the car receives the signal from the fob. Therefore, the car is actually being programmed.

·
Registered
380 Posts
I would think you could with a Tech II or similar. The car will not know that other cars have been programmed. And as you mention it is the car that is being programmed to accept the fob. Might be a bit weird having all your cars unlock or start up at once though :)

·
Registered
88 Posts
I agree with Boomer. According to the documentation, each car receiver can be matched to 4 fobs (transmitters) simultaneously. So, you could use one as a common "master" on all the cars and another as a specific individual for each car. It would be a little fiddly as you'd have to perform a separate programming operation on each car to accept the common "master" and their respective individuals (both fobs in each operation). Once you're done though, you should be able to lock/unlock/start all the cars at once with the "master", but of course you'd need to the individual keys to drive any of them. It's just interesting enough that if I had multiple cars, I'd have to try it for myself! Good luck. - Mark

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Nice.... i will try it as soon as i can get all three cars to the dealership (and only if they will Give me a break on the cost). I think it would be fun at times and handy at other times. Ie.the fobs are kind of big and bulky. I could put three keys and the master fob on one ring rather than carry three sets of keys/fobs.
will let you know ( might be a while though.cars are in storage)

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Part way there. I bought the Dorman remote programmer. It worked to program four fobs to one car. The is no reason to believe the one remote can not be programmed to two cars at this point but not proven. By myself at least!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts