Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just installed an Auto page RS-622 two way data link with a CAN-SL2 in my girlfriends 2007 g6 2.4L.
First time I have used the CAN-SL2. Seems to have done the anti-theft ok, (well, the security light stays on, but the car DOES start) Cant seem to get the CAN-SL2 to operate the door locks, or trunk. Dont know if it is seeing a tach signal or not. have the starter set to voltage start.

Also, car does weird stuff, like:
Turn the key on, then off, and the car will start. turn it back on and off, and the car will shut off. At one point, I could not get the hood pin, brake, key or button to shut the car off, I had to put it in gear and turn the key off and then it stopped. Also noticed, brake lights dont come on when brake is pressed unless key is on??? That doesnt seem correct, is it??

Should I not use the 2 way data link and long wire every thing or what???
I need a break, Its been a looooong day. THANKS

·
Decepticon Extraordinaire
5,351 Posts
Dont know anything about the rs-622. Most G6ers have the remote start
already installed it just needs to be turned on with a Tech2. Then program a couple remotes.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That would be nice if it is already installed, but Im guessing it doesnt have it. The car does not have keyless entry. Power locks, but no key remotes or anything. How would I find out if it is already built in???

·
Decepticon Extraordinaire
5,351 Posts
Call your Pontiac dealer and give them the vin number. The parts desk
can tell you if it is available on that G6. if so then it would be a trip into
the dealership for some tech2 time to turn it on. Shop around as the prices are different per dealership to do that.
I would also buy the remote fobs off eBay or somewhere else for them to program if it is doable.
If you buy those from the dealership they will cost you a mint.

You can program another key (its in the manual) but you need a dealership to program a remote.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts