Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We have a 2006 GT with the remote starter, which is an awesome option. But lately we've found that trying to start it with 1 of our key fobs makes the horn honk (like a panic mode) rather than start the engine. The other fob works just fine. We've duplicated it many times: following the correct procedure (lock -> start) our 1 fob starts the car just fine, and the other one put the car into a horn honking cycle until we push lock again to make it stop. Nothing found in the manual about this, anybody seen this before? Thanks.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Don't know anything about it, but since it only happens with one of the fobs I would guess that fob would be the problem.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Remote & Power Mirror Issues

Did you get your problem with the key fob fixed? I just got a 2006 GTP Coupe that follows a similar pattern. When pushing the panic button or the remote start, I get the same result. The horn honks three times and the lights flash. I have been unable to get the door lock or unlock buttons on the fob to work. The trunk will not unlock from the fob, either. I have changed the battery, although it was not a new one, but one from my computer. The result was the same. In addition, I cannot get either of the power mirrors to work. The fuse seems fine. Could these issues be related? Does anyone here have any ideas?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Fob Case Replaced

Thank you for the reply. After reading a comment elsewhere, I ordered a new fob from Amazon for $8, switched out the circuit board with the old one, and it works great!

I still need help with the power mirrors, though. The fuse seems fine. Any ideas?

Does anyone have any production numbers for the 2006 GTP Coupe?

·
Registered
437 Posts
I had to replace the switch for the power mirrors on mine. I started getting problems moving the mirrors left <-> right and later up <-> down also gave out. Grabbed a replacement from a pick your part.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Power Mirror Switch

Thank you, Boomer. I was hesitant to take the door panel apart, but your description fits my problem. I found a YouTube video of how to replace the switch and ordered one from Amazon this morning.:laugh:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts