Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I noticed some of you have removed the rear speakers. How difficult is it? Any advice or tips would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
I was just wanting to get an idea of what I was in for. My main concern is how easy the parcel shelf cover will be to get out of my way.

Thanks for the tips. I'll give it a try tomorrow.

·
Registered
199 Posts
ryguy76 said:
I was just wanting to get an idea of what I was in for. My main concern is how easy the parcel shelf cover will be to get out of my way.

Thanks for the tips. I'll give it a try tomorrow.
I have side curtain airbags and had to be extra careful when removing the rear deck. It is such a tight fit that it got hung up on everything as I slid it out. Plus I didn't like the fact that while my face was inches from the gas chamber it could have set off the bags :eek:
Anywho, just plan on removing anything that gets in the way as it only makes things easier.

The only problem I had when putting the new speakers in is that they were a tad bigger than the plastic housing so i had to file them down quite a bit so the speaker would sit flush.

·
Registered
168 Posts
bigbengt67 said:
It's pretty easy, you have to take off the C-pillar trim, fold down the seats and remove the latch shroud, and lift off the parcel shelf trim cover. Once that is done the speakers just snap out of the parcel shelf. Takes maybe 25 minutes your first time.
Anyone know if it's that straight-forward for the coupes too? I need to pull mine tomorrow to access the XM tuner for an ipod adapter install...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts