Pontiac G6 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm not sure the name of the interior panels. I refer to them as kick panels? They are the side pieces you need to remove when running power cable for amplifier, etc. I have read many posts on running wires but none explain how to remove the panels.

I popped the piece by the dash off and went on to the next section towards the floor when a plastic clip broke. Now the panel does not sit flush because of that 1 broken clip. How do you remove these panels or trim without breaking the clips? I called a local dealer and they want $8 for 1 friggen clip!!!

I want to install my amp tomorrow while the weather is nice so if anyone can please reply and let me know how to remove them without breaking these clips that would be great!

Thanks in advance.

Shaun

·
Moderator Member Thingy
1,330 Posts
I just pop them out. Never broke a clip. I don't think there is a special way to do it either. Simple pull off.

If you are afraid to break one again, then just tuck the wires into it.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I managed to pop off the panels today and run my power wire. One of the plastic clips is broken but overall it was a piece of cake. I just can't believe the dealer wants $8 for a plastic clip!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.