Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the glove box out, I can see the actuator on the upper right side, but it's way to tight to get my hands or tools in there. I have to remove the dash and passenger air bag.

I can't find anything on dash removal. How do I remove the top dash and the passenger air bag?

I hope someone can help me out.

Thank you so much!

·
Registered
343 Posts
I have not had to do the G6 but had similar difficulties with the Buick. I could not get my hand or standard tools in the gap. In the end I had to use a screwdriver bit (hex head on one end and torx on the other if I recall) with a small G clamp over the hex edge to give me leverage. it was a real pain but I was able to get the unit out and back in. Hope you can find something similarly creative. Good luck with the fix.

·
Old far...er...tinkerer..
303 Posts
I have not had to do the G6 but had similar difficulties with the Buick. I could not get my hand or standard tools in the gap. In the end I had to use a screwdriver bit (hex head on one end and torx on the other if I recall) with a small G clamp over the hex edge to give me leverage. it was a real pain but I was able to get the unit out and back in. Hope you can find something similarly creative. Good luck with the fix.
This is one of those situations where dropping 20 or 30 bucks on some tools is worth it. A ¼" ratchet wrench should fit around the hex end of the torx bit. If necessary, the bit can be cut down (using a dremel or grinder). A narrow strip of tape over the bit will help snug it into the wrench.

Also, if the wrench is too long, cut it down some.

No one wants to waste money intentionally damaging a tool, but compared to taking out the dash, 20-30 bucks is money well spent.

Doug

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have the glove box out, I can see the actuator on the upper right side, but it's way to tight to get my hands or tools in there. I have to remove the dash and passenger air bag.

I can't find anything on dash removal. How do I remove the top dash and the passenger air bag?

I hope someone can help me out.

Thank you so much!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts