Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had my G6 from almost 2 months and I'd finally like to get rid of the ugly front bracket. Upon closer look, it seems as though it's riveted to the front bumper. I don't own a drill or anything, so how else could I possibly get this off? Should I just get a vanity plate with my college logo to cover it, and just call it a day? lol...any help is appreciated.

Attachments

·
Varsity Squad
751 Posts
If it is rivited on drilling them out is the only option for removal, so a vanity plate would be a good idea to cover up the ugly bracket hanging on the front end of your car.

·
Slick Black Pontiac
151 Posts
If it is rivited on drilling them out is the only option for removal, so a vanity plate would be a good idea to cover up the ugly bracket hanging on the front end of your car.
They ARE riveted on, with real long rivets too. just borrow somebody's drill and a 1/4 inch bit for a few minutes and drill that sucker off. Then plug the holes with those cheap plastic panel attachment things and when someone asks, tell them its a laser jamming device.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
They ARE riveted on, with real long rivets too. just borrow somebody's drill and a 1/4 inch bit for a few minutes and drill that sucker off. Then plug the holes with those cheap plastic panel attachment things and when someone asks, tell them its a laser jamming device.
Lol..nice. The thing is, Im down at school right now and not too many people I know have drills sitting around lol. Wonder if Autozone or somewhere has tools available to rent for a short amount of time..hmm..might be worth looking into. Anyway, even if I were to remove it, I don't want to plug the holes with those black pegs from the autostore (I've seen a few people on this site do it). Especially having a silver car, don't think that would look too good. Do they make the plugs in silver?

·
Registered
7 Posts

Plastic plugs, cleaned the hole, painted to match.

Can see the top left how hard they pushed on the drill.
I still like it better now.

If drilling a hole and spray painting a push in plug is too much work... I dunno, get a vanity plate.

·
MonsterG6
386 Posts
i was thinking that to...i wanted to take off the plate thing but id rather find a bumper without the holes somehow :p

1 - 13 of 13 Posts