Pontiac G6 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I'm thinking the car might look better without the chrome GM badges on the fronts of the doors. Has anyone removed these? Is it safe for the paint, and how would I go about it? I'll probably just leave it if it's too much trouble.

Before:

After:

Wish everything was as easy as Photoshop!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
I think I've already found the solution. I'm still concerned about the paint underneath though.

http://e46fanatics.com/howto/howtodetail.php?howto_id=1

This has really got me thinking. Here's something else:

Before:

After, Option 1:

After, Option 2:

I don't think these badges are attached by posts, but does anyone know? Also lemme know what you think of the 2 options (or no change at all).

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Wow, I just removed one of the GM badges. Couldn't have been any easier. I didn't need to use any adhesive remover or anything like the website said. Maybe because it's a new car. Just a little elbow grease on a little remaining adhesive.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
I agree. That's the way I'm planning on doing it. Here's what I did this morning. The rest will have to wait until after Easter family functions. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Done! All it took was a hair dryer, dental floss, and 3M Molding Tape.

Now, if I could just get rid of that keyhole... :rolleyes:

·
Registered
4 Posts
I think I'm going to do this to my G6

Remove the GM badges, and the Pontiac Badge, and Move the G6 badge over.

I think it looks too plain with just 'GTP' on the back, the pontiac emblem lets us know what it is, so G6 GTP I think will look nice.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I forgot to post on this before but yeah I took off my gm badges. It was really simple just dental floss and a warm day is all you need to take them off. They make the sides look so much better off. also it is pretty amazing that something that small and simple could make it look that much uglier.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
^^--- I totally agree! I couldn't believe how much better it looked without them. I probably wouldn't have even thought about it except one of my buddies commented about GM putting their advertising on the sides of the car. :rolleyes:

·
Designed For Action
509 Posts
Daniel said:
Please feel free to verbally harass me if this is a stupid question but you just stuck the gtp badge in the center with 3m tape?
I am goning to take my badges of but i have a lease so i want to put them back on when i turn it in. Thats why i am curious. THANKS!
He installed it with 3M double-sided tape. ;)

·
CrAzY Moderator
963 Posts
dont take the dart off!!! just change the color like pooners said

·
Lifetime Member
3,269 Posts
Lampoon, do you have a before and after pic of the back of the car. I'd like to compare the difference in the dart colors.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.