Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

Was wondering if anyone knows how or has removed the Shift Knob and the E-Brake handle form thier Automatic G6's?
I may be able to get my hands on some leather ones and want to swap out my plastic ones (I was too cheap to go for the leather wheel etc...) but can't seem to see how to remove those items without causing damamge;).
Any help is apporiciated.
Thanks.

·
Registered
557 Posts
To get the shifter off you first have to slide the chrome trim ring down. It just snaps on, a flat screwdriver should do it. Be careful, I broke mine and had to tape it back up! Once the ring is off, you will find a small set screw on the front. Take out this Philips screw and the shift knob will slide straight up. I haven't taken off the e-brake handle yet, but in many GM cars it is permanently molded around the metal underneath. Good luck.

·
Registered
4 Posts
yes i looked at both those threds but didn't help. Since i have exhausted this site, I agree with you and invest in a manual. Thanks

·
Registered
4 Posts
I figured out how to get the leather boot over the ebrake. The e-brake handle does not come off. All you have to do is pull back the plastic retainer down from the handle,pry the plastic base from the console with a screwdriver, and pull the leather boot over the e-brake. It took me forever to figure this out. I hope this helps out.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts