Pontiac G6 Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't know how much of a progression thread this will be since I hope to buy a new(er) G6 next spring, but if I don't get this job, then I'll be keeping my current 6 until I run it into the ground. :(

Until then, I'll show you what I've worked on thus far. I haven't really done much since I'm not really getting much support at home from my dad about what I want to do with my money and car, so I'm very "green" about car modding (if that's even a real word). I get limited help from my cousin and learn most I can by browsing these forums and others, so bare with me and my lame car, heh.

When I first bought her back in March:

Then I debadged and added a decal on the 3rd brake light, which I messed up. :(

After that I put on new rims after destroying two of them leaving the beach.

Last thing I have done was put eyelids on my car, gotten rid of the pinstripes, covered the chrome with electrical tape, and put on an black overlay on the arrowheads.

I'll find out Dec. 3rd if I get this new job, but if I don't I'll be painting the calibers & engine cover yellow, getting new LED taillights, halo projector headlights, redoing eyelids on that, tinting, painting the roof black and a strut bar. Anything else other than those things... idk yet, like I said, I'm on my own, so I gotta learn everything!

·
Registered
422 Posts
Lookin good!
Love the painted mirror, havent seen it painted that way before, usually it is the black part is body coloured, and the blue part is black...good job!

·
Registered
64 Posts
Nice, 6 keep up the good work

·
Registered
331 Posts
Nice G6!! Do you know where i can buy the "eyelids"? I like those alot.

·
Registered
331 Posts
Okay. Thanks alot.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks again everyone!

Gsixx33- I did them myself! A lot cheaper than buying an custom eyelids I've seen, and they normally weren't "thick" enough for me, so I did it myself.

·
Registered
331 Posts
what type of material is it? just a type of vinyl?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
No I spray painted it. Just used primer and the spray paint that you buy at Autozone for cars. Taped of the section I wanted to paint, used sand paper a few times (there is a thread on G6P I think I got it from) then did the primer, let that sit, then the spray paint it on the primed part a few times. Really, really easy to do and dirt cheap.

And sorry I suck at explanations.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I finally got around to do my calipers. I only have three done. The mechanic screwed up a lug nut and put it in sideways, so we can't remove the tire. P.O'd about it, but we'll be taking the car up to him so he can fix it, so I'm driving around looking stupid with 3 painted calipers haha.

My car is ~84K miles on it, so I'm not gonna blow any money on her. I'll do the window tint, tint the tails and drill a hole in the headlight so the water can escape. I'm PO'd every time I get in that car. Steering wheel is giving me a headache, the constant ignition issues, the alignment issues that no mechanic can seem to fix, I'm just over it with this car. I put over ~20K miles on it since April 1st 2010. I'm going to run her into the ground way before my loan is even up, lmfao. So I'm not putting anything into her at all (after the tint, of course). That and another ticket... I think God's punishing me for not attending church as often as I should, heh. :banghead:

I guess the only good news that I'm going to try for a (used) new car next summer before I go crazy and drive my car into a pole. As twisted as this sounds, I'm hoping someone will total my car so I can hurry up and get rid of it.

Enough of me ranting, here are the two petty pictures of the calipers:

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
Oh I agree, I love the way my car looks and -sometimes- drives, but there is too many issues. I had an 11 year old Bonneville that had over 100K miles and I have nowhere near as many issues. Only problem I had was a fuel pump; steering was fine, ignition never gave me an issue, etc. I still love my Pontiacs, but I don't think I'm touching another G6. I'm doing my research this time. I assumed that because my Bonnie was perfectly fine, then another other Pontiac will be, so now I learned my lesson.

·
;)
386 Posts
My '02 Grand Prix had 130k on it & ran strong without it going into the mechanics a single time. Never had an issue with it besides wear & tear. Hopefully no more regrets come up.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Added a new head unit! Gave up on selling my car. Dealers are selling cars similar in mileage and trim for $7K, I've noticed. Not worth it to sell. So I'm still going to be doing some stuff to it.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.