Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am getting a CD Changer Error message - it seems like its trying to change CDs, but wont. I tried taking the fuse out, disconnecting the battery, etc and nothing works. I found a cheap 08 radio with an AUX input that I am seriously considering buying to replace my Monsoon 6 disc changer. I have a couple of questions though:

- will the 08 be compatible with my 05 car?
- will all of my displays still work on the radio?
- does it need to be another Monsoon system?
- is it easy to replace this myself? I do understand that I will have to bring it to the dealership to have it programmed.

Thanks for your help!

·
Registered
64 Posts
Yup, just had this done on my 07. Bought an 08 HU off Ebay, installed the head unit and it locked out. Took it to the dealer and $60 bucks + 5 minutes later it was done.

You get an aux port and if your lucky an XM hook up like I did for a future endeavor.

-Radio will work
-Retains all your MPG/Oil Life etc information. I did not lose any of my DIC data.
-DIC will work like normal, you get extra feature in the radio as well(text display etc).
-Replacement took me an hour, only because I am very cautious. If you search the forum there is a How-To on removing the stock radio, it was very helpful.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I read that most of the 08+ are monsoon but i'd wait for someone else to chime in. I do know they will fit either way, I honestly didn't bother to see the difference because the Aux port was number one, but the XM and other options are bonus for me.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts