Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With less than 60k miles on a 2009 GXP, the blower door actuator has gone out and defaulted to only the dash and floor. At 80+ degrees here in the winter, I'd like to fix the issue before spring and summer get here to melt me.

The useless dealership I purchased the lemon from (several other issues within less than 2 months of purchase) stated that it is a 7 hour job to replace the actuator, although it is only a $27 part. They explained that the dash has to be removed. I found a great link during my searches that showed removal of most of the dash, glove compartment, and other pieces to remove the stereo. Does anyone know how much more there is to remove in order to get to the actuator? I have not had an opportunity to get a Haynes manual and see what they have to offer. If that has my answer I'd be very happy or if someone has the knowledge themselves that would be even better. Thanks!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
fixed

Great news, took it to a mechanic who knows what he is doing. Just a blown fuse, not a 7 hour job like the. Dealer said.

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
With less than 60k miles on a 2009 GXP, the blower door actuator has gone out and defaulted to only the dash and floor. At 80+ degrees here in the winter, I'd like to fix the issue before spring and summer get here to melt me.

The useless dealership I purchased the lemon from (several other issues within less than 2 months of purchase) stated that it is a 7 hour job to replace the actuator, although it is only a $27 part. They explained that the dash has to be removed. I found a great link during my searches that showed removal of most of the dash, glove compartment, and other pieces to remove the stereo. Does anyone know how much more there is to remove in order to get to the actuator? I have not had an opportunity to get a Haynes manual and see what they have to offer. If that has my answer I'd be very happy or if someone has the knowledge themselves that would be even better. Thanks!
None of the HVAC actuators require removal of the dash. They are all reasonably accessible by pulling the closeout panel & the glovebox. I'd be very wary of that dealership.

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
Great news, took it to a mechanic who knows what he is doing. Just a blown fuse, not a 7 hour job like the. Dealer said.
Fuses blow due to current overdraw. Usually a power wire shorts to ground. So I suspect your issue may return until the source of the problem is found.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts