Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i want to replace my existing 2005 factory monsoon stero with n new one with aux cable input, for mp3 which is the easiest and most economical way to do it witout causing problems with info display message centre

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
best bet is probably to get one off ebay... but you'll have to take it to the dealer to get your "new" stereo matched to your vin.
what do u mean can can i not just go buy aftermarket stereo and replace with parts needed, and if i do that will the info centre still come up on new radio

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
fuses

i want to replace my existing 2005 factory monsoon stero with n new one with aux cable input, for mp3 which is the easiest and most economical way to do it witout causing problems with info display message centre
do u no where the fuse is located
for the radio

·
Registered
35 Posts
do u no where the fuse is located
for the radio
I believe it's in the fuse box located to your left hand side in the trunk of your car. Just pull the box open and there will be a diagram and there you can just search for 'radio' or something like that, have fun:)

·
4,055 Posts
okay you got two choices... watch on ebay for a 08 or 09 stock monsoon radio with the aux jack. but like i said you gotta go to the dealer to have them match it to your vin. or option two. go aftermarket but buy yourself the kit from scosche or metra to keep you DIC.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
okay you got two choices... watch on ebay for a 08 or 09 stock monsoon radio with the aux jack. but like i said you gotta go to the dealer to have them match it to your vin. or option two. go aftermarket but buy yourself the kit from scosche or metra to keep you DIC.
where do u buy these kits im from canada and how do u no its the right kit and what would one cost in the u.s
i have 05

·
kyle
2 Posts
hi i got a 2007 pontiac v6 g6 and it does not a monsoon radio system in it but my question is how can i get a factory stereo that has a aux imput and does that only come on the monsoon stereo system? If so, can i use that stock stereo that has the monsoon system with the aux imput on it for my car?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Need help with car stereo replacement

Hello to all,

I just registered to the Club which I think its great and pretty well organized.

I have a question that has to do with the replacement of my factory car stereo. Would like to replace it with a newer touchscreen model, but would like to know if its possible to replace it without loosing any info display message centre.

Does someone know some options from where I can choose of?

Thank you all, you're the best!

Mike

1 - 13 of 13 Posts