Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My seat belt guide recent broke, and now the seat belt no longer remains in the guide, instead slipping off of the guide and hanging loose. I picked up a replacement, but I cannot figure out how to get the old one out and put the new one in its place. This would be the seat belt guide that is attached to the headrest on the driver's side seat.

I have a 2008 G6 Convertible.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks!

·
Registered
343 Posts
Most likely those that have read the question have not had the problem so are unsure how to answer it. From what I can see the plastic guide looks to be held in place against the top of the headrest posts by star lock washers. You may have some luck lubricating, lifting part of the star pattern and gently prising them off, but from what I have read you may damage them anyway or need to cut them off and replace them.

Good luck with your repair.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I appreciate the response, boomer. My main issue is actually removing the headrest so I can get to the plastic guide. I cannot seem to find anywhere that indicates how to do that. I've seen a post that indicates wedging a flat-blade screwdriver into an indent on the inside of each post's base, but that seems to be a different model than what I have.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts