Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2006 G6 GT Coupe and a few months after I got it, I actually started using the CD player. First CD I ever put in got stuck, of course. My step dad looked at it and said the whole thing would need to be taken out and sent away because he can't get the CD out, but I would rather just replace the stereo. Any ideas on what brands I should look into? One that will fit the console that's already there?:confused:

·
Legend
782 Posts
your going to have to get a dash kit and harness regardless of what radio you get. (if its aftermarket. the metra 99-3303 will let you keep your driver information center and leave a single din slot for a cd player. you can also use the AXXESS XSVI-2103-NAV if you want to put in a double din dvd player but you will lose your DIC. you could get the metra one and mount it somewhere else like in your glove box so you can keep the DIC and have a double din. DMANJ went that route. or if you want the stock player you can just get a new/used one off ebay or i have one i can sell you. if you get another stock one you just have to get it flashed to your car. i believe a dealer can do it but idk bc i went the double din route with the axxess harness. hope this helps! :)

-J

1 - 3 of 3 Posts