Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody know if you can replace the faceplate of the stereo with a newer models faceplate of the stock head unit and have it work. It is cheaper to buy just the faceplate but i dunno if you would need to get it programmed at the dealer if this were to happen. with the 07 head unit there is no aux.. so if i swapped it with a 08 faceplate there would be. As well the faceplate is about 130 cheaper than a whole headunit plus the cost of programming it

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
I doubt you can just replace the faceplate. The circuitry most likely isn't there to support the aux in. You can buy factory radios on ebay for under $100. I would just get one off there and have it programmed.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
We'll I want to keep the dic.. Without having to switch to the metra kit. I switched before and had a lot of problems so went back to the factory head unit. As we'll in living in canada I always had a problem with it not changing over to metric instead of imperial. And every so often my radio and metra kit would just turn off.. The only way to fix it would be to pull the fuse out and put it back in.. The fuse wouldn't actually blow.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts