Pontiac G6 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got a 2008 G6 (V6) 3.5l and was researching some things I could do with it. I had a cobalt before, just an LT, but I never had a chance to do much with it.

Anyway I found that the G6 uses H11-55W for low-beams, so I looked up that model and found they are not for street use. What's that about?

·
Registered
21 Posts
The low beams and driving lamps use H11 and the high beams are H9. Just a plain ordinary standard lamp. If you want to try and improve the lighting, order a set of Eurodezign bulbs. the are 8500K and have a nice blue/white color. Legal in all states and so far legal here in Canada. I have not been stopped so far. they are available from www.eurodezigns.com or pick them up on Ebay for about half the list price.

·
Registered
21 Posts
If you want to do a direct replacement use this one. Just plug and play.
https://www.eurodezigns.com/shop/detail.aspx?ID=93
These are the low beams. The high beams are H9's. Once you change the low beams, you will want to change the high beams also, so just buy both sets and change them at the same time. That way you only have to pull the light assembly out only once.
You may also want to check Ebay. I got the Eurodezigns, H11 and H9's for 9.99 a set. Just do a search on Ebay. I will also post a How to to remove the lamp assembly and change the bulbs tomorrow.

Steve

·
Registered
21 Posts
Here is how to remove the lamps. Place a towel over the bumper to protect it from scratching.
1. Pop hood and remove six plastic bumper plugs. This can be done easily with two small flathead screwdrivers.
2. Remove two bolts on the headlights. They are 7mm.
3. Pull the headlight forward to pop it out of it's ball joint. You may need to pull the center of the bumper forward while you're pulling on the headlight to get the extra space to clear the light over the bumper.
4. To replace the bulb, twist off the bulb cover and remove the old bulb. Insert the new bulb making sure you do not touch the glass.
5. Reassemble the lamp assembly.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Here is how to remove the lamps. Place a towel over the bumper to protect it from scratching.
1. Pop hood and remove six plastic bumper plugs. This can be done easily with two small flathead screwdrivers.
3. Pull the headlight forward to pop it out of it's ball joint. You may need to pull the center of the bumper forward while you're pulling on the headlight to get the extra space to clear the light over the bumper.
4. To replace the bulb, twist off the bulb cover and remove the old bulb. Insert the new bulb making sure you do not touch the glass.
Awesome! Thanks a million, I'm gonna start looking on Ebay for those and see if I can get them ordered in the next week or so. Appreciate your feedback and guide immensly. :)

·
RideorDie11
4 Posts
Thanks im gunna try and put my new bulbs in 2day ill let yqh know how it goes

·
Registered
21 Posts
I have been using Eurodezign headlights in my G6 for over a year without any problem. They are direct replacements for the stock bulbs. I suspect your friends may have installed some high output bulbs that are 90-100 watt output. That would melt the wiring real fast.

Steve

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.