Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just had this idea, and I don't know much about speakers or wiring, but I was wondering if it would be possible to remove the 2 6x9's behind the rear head rests, and put 2 12 inch subs in their place. Obviously the 12's are a lot bigger so I would have to accomodate for that somehow. I have 2 12 inch Alpine Type R's and an Alpine v-power amp, which i would probably mount to the back of the back seat, in the trunk. I have an 05 G6 GT with the monsoon system. The purpose of this would be to remove my blown 6x9's, get way more bass with the 12's but not sacrifice my trunk space by putting the huge box in the trunk. Let me know your thoughts! Thanks.

·
his 07 vert/her 07 coupe
333 Posts
I have worked in car audio and security for about 15 years and what you want to do will NOT work. The reason you put subs in a box is to load and tune the woffer. There is a free air sub that will work BUT your stock 6x9s will sound better.Also with removing 6x9s and only subs you will lose all your rear mids and highs and that really sounds bad.You would be better off to invest in a good mid range or highend set of 6x9s or a 6.5 component set!!!!!!

·
his 07 vert/her 07 coupe
333 Posts
P.S. the alpine type R's are not free air and you can go to alpine web page to see the required air space they need to load and tune them.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts