Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2nd owner of the car, I believe my mother had my step brother just replace the entire seat when it did this on her and now this seat did it to me.

I'm a lot more mechanically inclined than I was back then and feel like it's likely just a couple plastic clips broken that need to be replaced and the panel reinstalled.

Is there a diy anywhere for this? I don't want to break more clips or make the problem even worse if it would involve more labor than I can do in my current situation.

Here is a pic from another thread I read, but he never posted and of his solutions. Thanks!

·
4,046 Posts
that's exactly whats going on. There are two plastic clips on top and two plastic type hooks on the bottom that tend to break. Ive always got my eyes open when at junkyards, but never seem to find any that are not broken.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Any idea if you can buy just the clips at regular parts stores? Or is this a I'm gonna have to buy the entire back panel thing? I swear it makes the seat feel different when it's loose like this.

·
Registered
208 Posts
You can buy the clips at auto stores, but they won't list them, you will need to pull the old one and match it up.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
208 Posts
There are no bottom clips, just the top.
The bottom has plastic hooks that crack.
Oh, an I agree, with the backs loose, the seat feels kinda flimsy.
As I told another, you could probably match the top clips, and use two well placed sheet metal screws at the bottom.
Or by a replacement panel from ebay.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

1 - 7 of 7 Posts