Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got my 2007 G6 V6 less than a month ago. I think its a mat and sun package (?) with Panoramic Sunroof. I dont like the stereo.. Its a 6 speakers Factory. Can anyone recommend a great headunit (reasonably priced) and speaker system while keeping the message center intact (I dont want to lose the any of alert/messages on my current unit)

Appreciate any help. Thank you!

·
Registered
64 Posts
Search the forum, you can get a Metra kit that retains your DIC(Driver info center) and go with a single din head unit to keep it in easy view, or relocate the display to your glove box/center console and get a double din.

I didn't want to deal with that hassle and bought an 08 GT head unit that has Aux and XM support for $125 shipped off ebay and paid the dealer $60 bucks(negotiated it) to flash it.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Bought!

I finally bought JVC Arsenal KD-AHD69 CD Receiver
(CD receiver with built-in MOSFET amplifier (20 watts RMS CEA-2006/50 peak x 4 channels) + Polk Audio db6501 Component System
(power range: 10-100 watts RMS (300 watts peak power) for my front door + Sound Ordnance M4100 100W x 4 Car Amplifier and Alpine 10" subwoofer with dual 2-ohm voice coilsf requency response: 30-700 Hz! I bought the OEM dash adapter to retain my DIC at the bottom of my new HU. Still waiting my order arrival IMPATIENTLY! I hope the combo BLOWS everyone mind!! LOL

·
Registered
15 Posts
I realize its been a while since this has been posted but can you possibly send a link for the OEM dash adapter. Im running into the same problem you had, I want a new head unit (for an 08 gt coupe) but I dont want to lose all the useful info my DIC has :p

·
2009 Carbon Black 6
93 Posts
I realize its been a while since this has been posted but can you possibly send a link for the OEM dash adapter. Im running into the same problem you had, I want a new head unit (for an 08 gt coupe) but I dont want to lose all the useful info my DIC has :p
It's Metra 99-3303. Metra is the maker and 99-3303 is the part number.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Something else I've just thought of. If/When I get a new stereo will the steering wheel controls still work on it? I figure the people at pontiac should be smart enough to figure out how to integrate it but I know when I changed my Eclipses stereo the steering wheel controls were useless

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I removed my new HU and Metra unit. I dunno if I posted my frustration here but my battery died every friggin day and had to be jumstarted. went in the car stereo specilist a buzillion times and GM speciliast, did a million diagnosis, even had crutchfield send me a brad new metra thinking it was faulty and even replaced my battery with a brand new one thinking it was a bad cell. Nope. Kept on dying. 6 mths of pain until I've had it abd had the guy put my factory back on. And NO PROBLEM since then. DONT even bother replacing ur stereo. I keep my amp and woofer/speakers and that is all u need! NO METRA!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Ah man that sucks. Thanks for the warning though

·
Registered
113 Posts
Something else I've just thought of. If/When I get a new stereo will the steering wheel controls still work on it? I figure the people at pontiac should be smart enough to figure out how to integrate it but I know when I changed my Eclipses stereo the steering wheel controls were useless
I have the metra installed with no problems but U WILL lose ur steering wheel controls unless u buy another additional part

·
Registered
15 Posts
whats the other part on the market cuz i really want to keep as many of the stock functions as possible.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts