Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The base driver is blown in the driver door of my G6 and I have a couple options as far as what to do to fix it. I can order a replacement from a GM dealer for around 70 bucks or I could upgrade the speakers so something like this http://www.crutchfield.com/App/Product/Item/Main.aspx?g=410&i=500SPS600C&c=3&tp=106&avf=N for $130. If the stock system can handle them I'm sure the alpine speakers will sound better.

I really only want to use the alpine speakers if they will work off the factory amp. My G6 has the monsoon system but I'm not sure the amp will be powerful enough or be compatible with the alpine speakers.

I went ahead and picked up the alpine speakers to make sure they would fit into the stock locations and that should not be a problem. The base driver should drop right in and I can just cut a bit out around the tweeter hole to make it fit. If anyone knows if the monsoon system will be able to power something like this can you let me know. I really don't want to spend the money to get a separate amp so it's either plug these into the existing one if it will work or take them back and order the replacement speaker from the dealer.

Oh and one other thing does anyone know of a wiring diagram with the colors of + and - wires coming off the factory amp.

Thanks in advance for any help.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts