Pontiac G6 Forum banner

Report: General Motors' G6 probed for power steering troubles

5K views 6 replies 7 participants last post by  CharlesP2009 
#1 ·
General Motors Corp.'s Pontiac G6 sedans are being investigated by U.S. safety regulators because of complaints of a loss of power steering, Bloomberg News reported today.

The inquiry covers 2005 and 2006 models with electronic power steering, with as many as 176,968 cars affected,

link>>>>

#4 ·
sunrunner_pei said:
It's about bloody time!
DITTO! if only they had admitted they had a problem at the onset, i would still have mine. it's the fact that GM had their heads buried in the sand and ignored the complaints that kept me from keeping the car, NOT the steering issue.

i figured if they wouldn't own up to THIS issue, what other problems could i have that they would ignore?

in the meantime, i'm really enjoying my Wrangler Unlimited with the top OFF for the summer.....ah, :)

hope it all works out for everyone that has experienced this problem....Kevin

#6 ·
My steering went out...

Not sure what to do! Do I wait until a resolution is made and risk getting into a potential life threatning accident? Or trade it in for something else? My 05 G6 was used for business use and now I own it with 98k miles. I wonder if GM does fess up and agree to fix the problem will they have a mileage limit as to what they will take care of? Hmmmmm

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.