Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 79 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Could somebody give some detailed description on how to take the resonator off of the G6? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
423 Posts
ok, COMPROMISE!!!

cut it off, get a piece of exhaust pipe from your friendly muffler shop or parts store and CLAMP it in place. test drive and see if you like the sound.

if its too loud (my guess is that it WILL), THEN go buy your favorite performance muffler and WELD it in place.

just a thought.......

·
Registered
423 Posts
rgarofalo said:
the resonator is the part up front or under the bumper
if you are talking about the 'AIR INTAKE RESONATOR", then YES, it is.

if you are talking about the "EXHAUST SYSTEM RESONATOR", then NO, it is the part that 'looks' like a muffer near the center of the car, between the catalytic convertor and the actual muffler.

i think what they were discussing last was removal of the 'exhaust system resonator' to change the sound of the exhaust..........i, for one, am going to remove the muffler and replace it with a "Y" pipe to give it the 'Dual Exhaust' look and replace the GT lower rear fascia with the one for the GTP which has the dual cut-outs. i can't remember who did it, but it looked GREAT!!!!

with any luck, i will have this accomplished by next weekend. trying to decide on Exhaust Tips right now...... :confused:

·
Registered
423 Posts
rgarofalo said:
that was what I was thinking of soing but i don't want it to be too loud

well, thats my concern too. whats too loud for one person may not be for another. my local muffler shop is going to install the "Y" pipe and basicly straight pipes out the back to see what it sounds like....if i like it, great. if not, then they can still install 2 small performance mufflers just before the exhaust tips to quiet it down.

guess i'll know this next week. then i'll let you know how it works out.

·
Decepticon Extraordinaire
5,348 Posts
Take pictures and let me know how it sounds. I just got my Magnaflow tips in the mail....now all thats left is payday
then mine will be on! ha haaaa

On a funny note....I never really looked hard at your avatar. I thought it was a pink pig thing...but its a little bald dude!
Am I the only onewho thought that was a pig? The facial hair looked like a snout. ah haaaaaa :D

·
Registered
423 Posts
OBVIOUSLY you are not fans of South Park......i didn't come here to be made fun of just because i'm orange, round and look like i have a 'snout'!!

i am NOT FAT and i am NOT a 'Little Piggy'!!! i'm just 'Big Boned' therefore, in the words of that famous American, Eric Cartman, i say to you;

"Screw you guys, I'm going HOME!" :p

1 - 20 of 79 Posts