Pontiac G6 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
This is exactly what I am thinking about doing, because somehow my resinator popped from the inside and I have a hole in it. so I wanna cut it off and clamp a piece of exhaust pipe. I heard it will give the car a nice tone, so I wanna try it. anyone know offhand what the diameter of the pipe is and what clamps to use? its a 2005 V6 Sedan.. not GT, just V6. thanks :)

·
Registered
14 Posts
oh one more thing.. what if you put a performance muffler in place of the resinator, and then got rid of the muffler near the ass end? someone suggested that to me today when I mentioned I wanted dual exhaust. they said to do that, then slap a Y pipe where the muffler currently is, cut out the facia and add tips. any opinion on all that?

·
Registered
14 Posts
ok so I ended up actually going through with the cutout of the res. and welding straight pipe.. if you havent already.. DONT. its sounds GAY. it sound snice and rumbly at idle.. but its sooo raspy and stuff its annoying. sounds worse then any ricer I've heard.. oh and it pops alot too

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.