Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had the door ajar issue with this door and now the sensor for the RAP seems to have gone. I'm not sure if these are the same sensor but I do not get the door ajar alarm just the radio and interior lights not turning off when I open it. It looks like I need to pull my door open to get to it but will I be able to accomplish anything or am I going to have to replace the whole door lock assembly?

09 G6 btw

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply. These things...always a month or two after factory warranty. :( WHY LIFE?! WHYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
Thanks for the reply. These things...always a month or two after factory warranty. :( WHY LIFE?! WHYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!
Since you just expired I think you should hit up a dealer for a warranty repair. They know well the infamous short-lived nature of the locks/latches on these cars & very likely will help you out. It all depends on the particular dealer & GM. If you can't get a dealer to agree to do it then call GM customer service directly & rattle their cages. It's worth a try. A lot of folks in the Malibu forum have gotten GM to step up on fixing their locks OOW. Of course, the Malibu is still in production. Hopefully, your issue is not intermittent as that would make the cheese more binding.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts