Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Addicted!
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought the spacer for $130 and it has a sweet whistle to it and has definite increases in low end torque and high rpm hp! Im impressed with the product.

**will post video while driving soon**

·
Moderator Member Thingy
1,330 Posts
Well some company just profited from you... You should read up from other people who have tried out these lame products before buying.

Get some dyno or 1/4th mile track runs for some proof, but I can't see this as being any benefit. Sorry to knock it, but if I google throttle body spacer and 20 threads come up about how useless they are (up there with the Jet module), then I will rather side with them.

·
Decepticon Extraordinaire
5,348 Posts
Im not sold on them but let us know how it goes.

Turbulent air causes fuel to mix better?
Why is it racecars port and polish their intakes
to reduce the turbulence? hhhmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.....

Seems pricey for a spacer. Kinda looks cool though.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Actually turbulant air does create a better a/f mix which in turns creates power....the port and polish increases the velocity which in turn allows more air to be pulled in.

Now the trick here is exactly where and how you want the turbulance. There are some old tricks (dotting the CC, swirling the CC, etc) but you actually want a smooth flow up to the runners.

OK-I'm done

·
Addicted!
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I feel it deff did something, huge gains? Not too much but its noticeable. and for it to be noticeable it has to be at least a 5hp gain i figure, you can really feel it once you hit 80 it speeds up alot quicker at high speed and for low end it picks up a little quicker, i think its worth the mod tho since there really isnt much out there i would give it a 4/5. Plus it looks nice :p

·
Midnight Blue GT
186 Posts
I feel it deff did something, huge gains? Not too much but its noticeable. and for it to be noticeable it has to be at least a 5hp gain i figure, you can really feel it once you hit 80 it speeds up alot quicker at high speed and for low end it picks up a little quicker, i think its worth the mod tho since there really isnt much out there i would give it a 4/5. Plus it looks nice :p
I think I might have to give this a try...is it returnable lol

·
Addicted!
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah lol it is.

Video of in car 35-105

·
Addicted!
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

0-75 in car

·
Moderator Member Thingy
1,330 Posts
Get us some 0-60 and 1/4th mile times with a OBD-II logger. Message me if you are interested and have a laptop.

·
Addicted!
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
No laptop but i can borrow one you have an obd?

·
Registered
102 Posts
Thats a quick 6!

·
Registered
441 Posts
Glad someone finally got this to give it a shot! I remember the old thread where we explained in detail how it functioned and linked multiple locations where there WAS benefit ( minimal, but benefit is benefit ) - but - there will always be nay-sayers

I might have to invest in this next myself~!

·
Da.v3
597 Posts
Sure would love to see a before and after dyno.

As it sits : 1 person on forums bought the product and has positive views ( obviously, go optimism )

·
Addicted!
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Im actually suprised no one else ever bought it lol, but i was like hell theres nothing else for that price! And it works pretty dang good lol

·
Fried like a Cheese Stick
1,035 Posts
Welp, I've been
these threads on both sites - actually more curious about the sound difference than any performances gains.

Anyway, just did a little further investigation and before most of us on either side of the debate gets too worked up, apparently the only G6 application available is the 3.6

·
Registered
208 Posts
Im actually suprised no one else ever bought it lol, but i was like hell theres nothing else for that price! And it works pretty dang good lol
I'm glad you did this. We need people to buy products, test them, and review them. That's what this site is for. Definitely want to know what or if there are gains. Let us know!

·
Addicted!
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Another great thing about this is heavily increased gas mileage, before spacer my avg was about 19.5-20 mpg, now its 22.5-23!! Huge difference and thats according to car computer!!

·
Moderator Member Thingy
1,330 Posts
I tend to be a critic, but I am finding it hard to believe this simple spacer is doing all this. I feel like some kind of placebo effect is going on for the performance and the MPG could just be a change in driving habits or where you drove in the past couple of days.

·
Addicted!
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
It is lol, and ive been driving exactly the same lol

·
iz Jared
201 Posts
Dude, you get some CRAP gas milage! I tend to average about 24.5-26 for a tank. That is mixed driving with an average on the highway of 75.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts