Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Product: N-Take Air Intake
Bought from: eBay
Date: November 30th, 2010
Price: $55-ish (shipping included)

Quality of Product: 10 (out of 10)
Ease of Use: 10
Installation time: 20 minutes
Recommend?: Yes, if you need a front pipe upgrade and are on a budget.

Pros:

+ Louder, more aggressive sounding
+ Shiny decor under the hood
+ Possible (still debateble) performance gains
+ Sticks further away from the engine, possible lower temperature.

Cons:
-One of the couplers that came with it didn't match with my current setup, but it was no hassle to just get another coupler.
-No installation instructions so I didn't understand what the mounting equipment was supposed to attach to. The intake barely budged anyways.

Additional info/Overall Impression:

Definitely a worthy investment and has caused no problems so far, which is contrary to other members claiming that the intake was worthless. I purchased the intake by messaging the seller through eBay so I could get the air intake without the filter because their filter is crap. They lowered the price some without the filter.

Use an aftermarket filter like K&N or AEM. I've had a 3" AEM Dryflow filter and couldn't be happier.

Feel free to ask questions.

·
Moderator Member Thingy
1,330 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Sweet!! Just what I was looking for. Thanks.

I dont see the point in spending 200+ bucks for an intake. So Im glad you posted this.
No problem. I will be putting up pictures in a few minutes. I will like to add that there could be issues with a 2.4L intake though (if they offer it, I don't remember). I wouldn't recommend it.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have purchased this system as well

I bought this air intake system for my 2008 G6 about a week ago. Just in baseline testing it's given me a much quicker boost from 2500rpm through 6000rpm when the power band kicks in. It also has boosted my gas milage about 2 miles per gallon over a 10 mile stretch according to the vehicle diagnostic display.

I currently do not have an air box for the intake and used the stock filter that came with the kit.

I would recomend buying another short pipe to extend the filter out a little ways from the mass air flow sensor so it's not sitting right near the belt.

Overall It's been great and gives your engine a nice throaty sound when you get into it.:beer:

·
Da.v3
597 Posts
looks about the same as crabs lol

·
Moderator Member Thingy
1,330 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah. The review is only for the piping. The heat shield is from CRABs.

·
Registered
114 Posts
I just ordered Crabs Option3. I don't think I can afford the FPU, even though I want it badly. This looks like a good option. Can y'all explain exactly what the FPU does? From what I know it just improves airflow. What is the benefit of this? Thanks :)

·
Moderator Member Thingy
1,330 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Improved airflow and allows air to stay cooler when transitioning from the filter to the throttle body.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Improved airflow and allows air to stay cooler when transitioning from the filter to the throttle body.
Ok, but what are the benefits of that?

·
Moderator Member Thingy
1,330 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Better throttle response, increased torque and HP, especially if used with a tune.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Better throttle response, increased torque and HP, especially if used with a tune.
Sweet, thanks man. How much are tunes now-a-days?

·
Moderator Member Thingy
1,330 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
$300+, depending if you get a new PCM or not.

·
Registered
7 Posts
The only thing I would mention about the Ntake system is that it will not work if you have the VVT Engine and the small hole and nipple for the air breather line is kind of a bitch to work with. I contacted the company and got a new rubber elbow without a hole in it and just installed a seperate air breather on the breather line.

·
Registered
114 Posts
The only thing I would mention about the Ntake system is that it will not work if you have the VVT Engine and the small hole and nipple for the air breather line is kind of a bitch to work with. I contacted the company and got a new rubber elbow without a hole in it and just installed a seperate air breather on the breather line.
Hmmm, I haven't heard about that before. Can anyone agree/disagree with his opinion?

·
Decepticon Extraordinaire
5,348 Posts
Actually this was the first one I have heard of ever working. Josh had one that caused CELs, Woody had one that caused CELs, Leon said its the worst intake in the world, it had lots of bad reviews. Im glad to see its working in this application.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Agreed with Lampoon, I've had this intake and from the moment I cranked my car after proper installation (I've put many intakes on friends' car and my old truck) my car threw 2 or 3 codes which were verified by a DashHawk that the "N-Take" made my car run extremely too lean and reduced engine power. This is actually the first time I've seen good reviews on the system so maybe they changed something or you got lucky but from what I see nothing has changed. The brackets that it comes with don't work, or they didn't for me, and the front tube sits far too low and suffers from heatsoak that does more harm to your engine than good.

Even if it didn't throw codes I'm not a fan of the design. Far too many couplers that make for an unsmooth flow of air to the engine. In my honest opinion, you get what you pay for. Get CRABs, Injen, or K&N.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts