1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Brand: OBX Racing
Price: $285.00 + Free Shipping
Purchased From: Amazon.com

Installation: Very easy install, just jack the car up and get going. The exhaust had the wrong sized hangers so I just used duct tape to increase the size to fit properly. Also the mid pipe kept slipping and coming loose to where it would hit the ground, so I used a metal wire clamp thing and bolted it to the subframe. EASY FIX and not a pain. It didn't come with a new exhaust gasket but others did receive one. Oh well, didn't mine getting a new one, it was only $6. Other than that, bolts right up!

Installation Time: Less than 45 minutes, plus a trip to Autozone for a gasket =)

Any Installation Tips You Have: It would have taken less than 30 minutes if you have a lift LOL

Quality of Part: 10
Product Performance: 10
Would you Recommend to Others: YES! People! Just because this exhaust is $285 does not mean its crap. It does not have any rasp at all and is very quality material. Great sound and great price, wouldn't have done it any differently.

Any Other Comments: When you take your stock exhaust off, turn the car on! It sounds so mean!!!! Haha

I WILL HAVE PICS SOON! And I will upload a quality video soon also.

·
Registered
447 Posts
I'll second everything said in here. I have the exhaust as well, and its great for the price. I had no issues with fitment, might be hit or miss, but sounds minor anyways...

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Very minor, easy fix

·
Registered
290 Posts
Maybe i should take my sidepipe off and put this on there with an electric cutout right after the cat of course. lol

·
Premium Member
636 Posts
I'd like to see some pics. Sounds like a fun project.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
447 Posts
I have pics in my progression IIRC

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I am going on vacation for 2 weeks starting tomorrow so I can't get pics, but when I get back I'll upload them and have videos. Until then shibby can upload some pics

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well guys. Exciting news! I finally got a decent video of a startup and some revs. Im going to be making more videos of flybys, accelerations and in car driving with pulls. Stay tuned.

Enjoy! (Taken with Galaxy s5)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B627-qw9CSk

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yup. I have it with crabs. Sounds amazing, you won't be disappointed. And when you install it and take off your stock exhaust, turn the car on and rev it a little, it sound so mean and loud without an exhaust

·
Registered
14 Posts
my box will be here any day now I'm pretty excited! ill run her open headers and take a video for sure. did your cutback come with the bolts or did you use your old ones? mine are pretty rusted ill probably have to cut them off.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Installed it late last night without a lift, wasn't too bad but id definitely recommend having a buddy help.

Didn't come with a gasket or bolts, my old bolts were still perfect though after 86k miles.

Bolts on real nice but the hanger mounts on the catback are skinny as opposed to the fat ones so i literally have zip ties holding the hangers in place until i can get new ones.

The clamps it came with are terrible and you physically can't get a wrench on the bolt to tighten the clamp to how tight it needs to be to restrain the mid pipe so tomorrow i will be taking it to an exhaust shop to have them weld the mid pipe in place.

Since the mid pipe isn't restrained it can actually rotate right now if theres about 20lbs of force on it so i lock wired it into place so i don't risk dragging it when i drive.

The construction of the exhaust is solid and i have full faith in its quality. Even after the lack of gasket, bolts, and clamps don't work right i cannot believe i got this for 300$ off amazon with free shipping.

Exhaust sounds great even with the guaranteed leaks it has from the shitty clamps. Im excited to hear it after the shop welds it! I would definitely recommend this to anyone looking to upgrade the exhaust on their g6.

·
Premium Member
636 Posts
Are these single or dual out?

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
yeah, the clamps are literally crap... but just think, if they would have put better ones on or welding, it would have cost a ton more. So its easier just to get it welded from a shop

1 - 16 of 16 Posts