Pros:
- Cables were sturdy and well built
- Color matching
- Optional alternator cable

Cons:
- Installation was more difficult than I thought
- Battery posts need extension bolts

Additional info/Overall Impression:

The grounding kit cut down on my audio noise in my aftermarket sound system and hopefully provides a better operating environment for my electrical system. I had to cut two feet off the alternator cable and improvise the included ground points. The kit in primarily made for the 07 3.5L and is compatible with others.

Instructions are vague if you don't understand where the picture is taken and the video made by Bam helps a lot.

·
Moderator Member Thingy
1,330 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Picture:

·
Moderator Member Thingy
1,330 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
If you have the money and have an audio system, then I would recommend it. If you don't have money, I wouldn't. Google around for grounding kit to see the pros of this mod specifically. Use that to determine if it is worth you cash or not.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Is the alternator cord that cost extra for the ground or power wire? That was a bit confusing on their website.

Sent from my HTC_Amaze_4G using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Moderator Member Thingy
1,330 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Power wire. It's the red wire that runs from my alternative to my battery.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Ok, thanks. For example the wire that attaches to the radiator mount kind of behind the left light, do you leave the ground that is already attached there?

·
Legend
782 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
I read that, even commented on your post lol. But I don't believe it answered my previous question?

·
Moderator Member Thingy
1,330 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
You keep all the original wires on there.

·
Legend
782 Posts
I read that, even commented on your post lol. But I don't believe it answered my previous question?

Lol I know. I was just posting it for others to see lol :) also if you haven't seen it check out poor man mods on YouTube they have a whole bunch of videos on do it yourself mods and one of there latest videos is installation of a grounding kit.

Sent from my Desire HD using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Registered
43 Posts
This is big in the car audio world.. Makes your cars electrical about 20 to 25 percent more efficient.. $70 is a bit high.. You can go to knukoncept and grab about 20 foot 1/0 gauge wire for about $25 bucks. .. Do 3 grounds and one to the alternator positive and it makes a big difference.. I do recommend upgrading the actual battery terminals just to make life easier.. I think 5 to 6 grounds is a bit of an overkill but to each his own.. Overall a great upgrade for any car without 1/0 gauge running through it like some bmw's and benz's have

·
Moderator Member Thingy
1,330 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
This is big in the car audio world.. Makes your cars electrical about 20 to 25 percent more efficient.. $70 is a bit high.. You can go to knukoncept and grab about 20 foot 1/0 gauge wire for about $25 bucks. .. Do 3 grounds and one to the alternator positive and it makes a big difference.. I do recommend upgrading the actual battery terminals just to make life easier.. I think 5 to 6 grounds is a bit of an overkill but to each his own.. Overall a great upgrade for any car without 1/0 gauge running through it like some bmw's and benz's have
Called The Big 3. Is it cheaper to DIY? Of course. I wanted the blue colors and less hassle. Things are almost always cheaper to DIY. In reality, $70 isn't that bad for a car mod.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Called The Big 3. Is it cheaper to DIY? Of course. I wanted the blue colors and less hassle. Things are almost always cheaper to DIY. In reality, $70 isn't that bad for a car mod.
Yeah was just posting a little extra info just incase someone didn't wanna shell out $70.. Knukoncept carries red, blue, and black power wire.. And anyone looking for good rca's they have those also.. Overall it's a well worth it upgrade rather its $45 or $80

·
Legend
782 Posts
It's deff a lot cheaper to DIY. Yeah its a little nicer to get the pre cut wires and everything. And the racingline one is $50 I believe. But if you wanted to save some money you can get like 15-20ft of 4 gauge wire from home depot for $1 a foot in any color you want and some ring terminals and do it yourself. It's a little more work but you save yourself at least 30 bucks which can be a lot these days. All you have to do is get the free installation manual from racingline.com and then just do it yourself. But regardless its a mod that is beneficial and has an asthetic (appealing to the eyes if you color match to dress your engine up) and performance and overall electrical benefit.

·
Registered
156 Posts
I picked up some wire and ring terminals from home depot yesterday, cost me $33 and some change for 18ft of 4g wire and 16 ring terminals.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I think if your going to do.. Do it big.... 1/0 gauge wire or nothing :D at a $1.50/ft from knu its basically the same price

·
Moderator Member Thingy
1,330 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
...And the racingline one is $50 I believe.
Something like that. Getting the alternator power wire adds $15 to the base price.

·
Legend
782 Posts
Something like that. Getting the alternator power wire adds $15 to the base price.
Yeah and that's why I would just do it myself. I'm not cheap but I figure why pay more plus its more of a sense of accomplishment when you do it yourself from scratch. Well I think it is at least lol :)

1 - 20 of 24 Posts