Ease of Installation: 10
Installation time: 10 minutes
Recommend?: Yes

Pros:
- Tighter steering
- More control over car
- Even wearing of front suspension

Cons:
- None (this item should have been factory, or at least for the GT's)

Additional info/Overall Impression:
The difference is not mind blowing, but it is definitely worth the money. The steering is tighter and lets you have more control over the car.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Re; Racingline strut brace

So how do you remove the fourth bolt from the left hand (driver's side) strut tower? I removed the nut from it but the bolt will not drop out. It's placement is still in the way of the mounting bracket and the hole in the mounting bracket is not big enough to clear it. Hmmm?

·
Decepticon Extraordinaire
5,353 Posts
I think I read where people drill em out to fit. That issue is not common to all G6ers accross the platform.

So where are the pix for the review?

Lets see em!!

·
Lifetime Member
3,269 Posts
Product: Racingline Strut Bar
Date: Dec 24th, 2010
Price: $89 + 15 for shipping

Quality of Product: 10 (out of 10)

Pros:
- Tighter steering
- More control over car

Cons:

The difference is not mind blowing, but it is definitely worth the money. The steering is tighter and lets you have more control over the car.
How long have you been driving w/ the new bar?

·
Fried like a Cheese Stick
1,035 Posts
Eh, if my engine was otherwise fancy enough to actually show off...maybe.

As it is the CRAB is the only noticeable item in there, and as you know more than most CRABs are best kept hidden :bath:

·
Moderator Member Thingy
1,330 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I think I read where people drill em out to fit. That issue is not common to all G6ers accross the platform.

So where are the pix for the review?

Lets see em!!
The smaller, out of place nut and bolt on the driver side strut bar is just a point for grounding the electronics. It doesn't have any function outside of that so I didn't put it back.

I'll put pictures up soon.

·
Moderator Member Thingy
1,330 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Registered
10 Posts
Re; Racingline strut bar

Well, all I can say is so far there has been no response from Racingline to my inquiry (Hello Canada) and I do find it curious that there is no phone number on their website. Having said that, I'm glad it worked out for those of you that are happy with it. For the rest of us, I would caution on ordering this. You can tell from the photos that GM's supplier has thought it out a bit better. I was hoping to hear from Racingline that they had updated the left hand bracket but nothing as of this writing. Car did very well today at Thunderhill Raceway without it, actually.

·
Moderator Member Thingy
1,330 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well, all I can say is so far there has been no response from Racingline to my inquiry (Hello Canada) and I do find it curious that there is no phone number on their website. Having said that, I'm glad it worked out for those of you that are happy with it. For the rest of us, I would caution on ordering this. You can tell from the photos that GM's supplier has thought it out a bit better. I was hoping to hear from Racingline that they had updated the left hand bracket but nothing as of this writing. Car did very well today at Thunderhill Raceway without it, actually.
I don't understand what is wrong.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Re; Racingline strut tower brace

The problem exists when the fourth bolt is factory placed further out so as not to be able to fit in the hole Racingline has provided. You guys got lucky in that yours was in the more "normal" position closer in.

In any case, I heard from Joe from Racingline this morning. The bolt is factory spot welded and will need to be cut and maybe drilled out to be removed on my particular car. A good weekend project! Really shouldn't take that long once I round up the proper tools.

·
Moderator Member Thingy
1,330 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
So you are telling me that the 4th bolt is positioned differently based on the car year/model? I thought it was the same.

·
Moderator Member Thingy
1,330 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I knew that convertibles rely on that bolt. I guess I forgot about it. :p

·
Registered
10 Posts
Re; Racingline strut tower brace

Abyssul, that is what I was told. The placement of the bolt was somewhat random but within a certain area. Joe from Racingline said to cut it off or drill it. Sometimes hooking onto it with a Visegrip plier and moving it would break the spot weld and free it. It looks to me like the GM strut bar would be a better fit since the bracket that is flat on the Racingline unit is elevated there but it only uses two bolts instead of three which may not be quite as solid. My car by the way, is an '08 GT but I can't say that the bolt placement necessarily changed from year to year.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Got it done. A pair of Visegrips and I just rocked the bolt loose and off! A 15 minute installation. Best $100 I've spent so far. Many thanks to Joe at Racingline. Looks great and changes the handling in the twisties. Helps plant the front end and improves the NVH as others have said.

·
Professional geek
433 Posts
The smaller, out of place nut and bolt on the driver side strut bar is just a point for grounding the electronics.
If that were true it would be used as such. From the position it actually looks like one of the bolts used to mount the clutch master cylinder for the manual transmission-equipped cars. That's about where it was on my Jeep and my Honda Passport.

Nice job with the installation of the STB and grounding kit!

~ MattInSoCal

·
Registered
146 Posts
Product: Racingline Strut Bar
Date: Dec 24th, 2010
Price: $89 + 15 for shipping

Quality of Product: 10 (out of 10)

Pros:
- Tighter steering
- More control over car

Cons:

hi, where did u find that? i've been searching for that for a long time.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts