Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,232 Posts
Well, the only way I can think to raise the G6 is air ride suspension. Unless there's a company out there that makes longer springs and longer shocks.

You can go the off route and put spacers in the suspension the raise the ride height, but you'll lose suspension travel and ride quality.

·
Registered
536 Posts
Never heard this question before, everybody always want lower, I think they sit kinda high to begin with, but yea air suspension is pretty much it I think

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Premium Member
4,232 Posts
The thing with the air ride though is I don't think you will get very much higher than stock. The strut assemblies are 2" shorter to begin with. So you expect to get a 3-6 inch drop. Not sure if you'll gain any height

·
Living the MINI life...
98 Posts
That IS an odd question. I hate how high the car sits.

·
Premium Member
4,232 Posts
yea I never heard of anyone wanting to raise the G6. I'm sure it can be done but no idea how to figure it out. haha

As for bagging it. I can't wait until I do. Frame Bangin' all the way!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Out options

The other thread left me wondering what anton8970 ended up doing.
Air bags are an adjustment system as are the blocks - no good, I want to change the range, not where I sit in the existing range. We get a lot of uneven surfaces, debris and snow. A design tweaked for racing should be able to scale back to real world conditions. Racing at 200 mph is a different task than the reported 31 mph average on my dashboard. A perfectly smooth track is different than real roads in upstate New York (the state spends all my tax money on New York City which is 2% of the state's area so you can imagine what the rest of the state is like). I would like to be able to enter a parking lot (yes, I already do this slowly) without hearing that scraping sound and drive through snow without using the car as the plow. People have raising trucks down to a science, you would think someone has done this for a car by now.

·
Living the MINI life...
98 Posts
Yeah you would think with all the slammed trucks and raised cars you would be able to find an answer quicker.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts