Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, I noticed last night that my right halos and LEDs weren't coming on. I had hids from ddm installed and the other day my left one burnt out. While it's in for warranty I hadn't driven it at night yet. But I just turned on the lights last night to see if everything was still good and I noticed the right led and holos don't turn on but the right hid bulb and blinker are still good. The blinker doesn't come on when I turn on my fog lights only when I physically turn on the right blinker does it come on and flash. I was wondering if this is something I could fix myself, if I blew a fuse, or if I'm sol and have to get a new set. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
221 Posts
Eagle Eyes's wiring harnesses are in fact not weatherproof, so I'd look for corrosion and/or water in there.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I didn't see any water it's about 85 degrees and it's been sitting in the sun. I noticed a little corrosion in the connections though. But they were working last night

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Now none of the low or high beams work in either of the eagle eye housings. Wtf is going on with this. I checked fuse 7 and 9 and they are both still together and not blown.

·
Premium Member
221 Posts
Now none of the low or high beams work in either of the eagle eye housings. Wtf is going on with this. I checked fuse 7 and 9 and they are both still together and not blown.

I'm confident in saying that the connections in the harnesses are corroded. Like I said, they're not weatherproof like they're advertised.

·
Registered
447 Posts
Yeah pull the connectors apart clean them up and waterproof them problem solved, if you have hids from DDM with their relay harness then youll need to do the same to that...

·
Registered
447 Posts
Accidental post...

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ok thanks guys, I'm waiting for a reply from ddm on the bulb that burnt out. But in the meantime I'll try that.

·
Registered
447 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
So I narrowed the problem down to my right headlamp socket. I used electrical parts cleaner and got both the blinkers to work but the parking light doesn't come on. It only comes on when I turn on my right blinker and none of the halos or LEDs work in the housing. I plugged the right housing into the left housing socket and everything works and plugged the left housing into the right side socket and nothing works. So I'm going to get a new socket and see if that solves my problems

·
Premium Member
221 Posts
So I narrowed the problem down to my right headlamp socket. I used electrical parts cleaner and got both the blinkers to work but the parking light doesn't come on. It only comes on when I turn on my right blinker and none of the halos or LEDs work in the housing. I plugged the right housing into the left housing socket and everything works and plugged the left housing into the right side socket and nothing works. So I'm going to get a new socket and see if that solves my problems

Good job! Just make sure to seal it with liquid electrical tape. That's the best investment you'll make for EE's.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Bad news, I put my one good hid in to see if it would come on and it only comes of I wiggle the headlight connectors. It does this on both left and right connectors. I don't know if the problem is my eagle eyes connectors or the connector coming from the battery side. I'm thinking about just taking these out and going back to oem headlight housings. Problem is I'm going to have to buy some because I sold my old ones 2 years ago when I got eagle eyes. :( I don't want to go back but I'm wanting to get a different vehicle in the near future anyways so I guess it'll be okay.

·
Premium Member
221 Posts
Bad news, I put my one good hid in to see if it would come on and it only comes of I wiggle the headlight connectors. It does this on both left and right connectors. I don't know if the problem is my eagle eyes connectors or the connector coming from the battery side. I'm thinking about just taking these out and going back to oem headlight housings. Problem is I'm going to have to buy some because I sold my old ones 2 years ago when I got eagle eyes. :( I don't want to go back but I'm wanting to get a different vehicle in the near future anyways so I guess it'll be okay.

If one connectors works for both lights and the other doesn't, I would say it's the connector coming from the vehicle. Just replace that and you'll probably be good to go.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts