Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have an issue with 08 right front door speaker not working. This happens when the door is opened and may not work for days thereafter. Then at random will work again perfectly for weeks at a time after opening and closing door.(seems like an intermitant broken wire). Does the door wire harness from kick panel to door have a connector harness in it(that you could remove without pulling door panel) or is it a solid wire harness right to the speaker? Tweeter always works. Thanks for help!

·
ducky278
1 Posts
same problem

I have the same issue with mine. Driver door and right rear speaker.... some day it will come on then many days later it will pop back on..... weird :mad:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have the same issue with mine. Driver door and right rear speaker.... some day it will come on then many days later it will pop back on..... weird :mad:
It seems that these factory speakers have a problem with dying. The G6 actually had a defective speaker not a harness problem. The driver's side front door speaker also started doing this. So, pulled both door panels and there was definetly signal coming from the head unit. Replaced both front door speakers and everything works great. I also have a 07 cobalt in our family and the same issue in the driver's side front door. Replaced speaker and now working great. Pretty much guaranteed your front door speaker is shot. Rear, if you have another speaker laying around mometarily connect it to your rear speaker when it isn't working and that will confirm what the issue is.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts