Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys wondering if this has ever happened to any of you. I have my HID's installed but they were not even and pretty much pointing at the ground. So I decided to twist the hexagon thing that adjusts the headlights up and down. just as I got the right headlight matched up with the left the lights just fell from the position back to the original pointing at the ground position. I guess the adjustment bracket thing must have broke. Wondering if anyone has had the same problem and if so how do you fix it or do I need to buy a whole new headlight? If that is the case I will just buy HID projector headlights. And Suggestions on which ones are the best?

·
Moderator Member Thingy
1,330 Posts
I had this happen with my Eagle Eye replacements (not halos, OEM style). I aimed the headlights too high and it caused the alignment lever to pop off from the inside. If you have
OE (aftermarket manufacturer) headlights, take the headlight out, remove the dust cap and inspect the adjustment mechanism. You can see where it popped out and if you have the right tools, you can force it back into place. The space is tight so it's pretty frustrating.

I know the OEM headlights have a different adjustment mechanism so if thats the case, then I wouldn't know. Basically just remove the headlight assembly and take a look at it.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks I will try that when I have time. If I can't do it I wonder if it is covered under the bumper to bumper 3 yrs. /36,000 miles. Just so frustrating. I just got the lights in and I was just trying to get them to be raised a little. and Pop the light goes down.

If I could I would rather not get aftermarket headlights I like the stock ones but i'm getting a little cloudy moisture in my driver side headlamp. Might just order the new projection lights to help with my HIDS.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Had the whole headlight out but still was unable to get it fixed. It's a ball hinge type of thing. I am taking it to the shop tomorrow to see if they can fix it for me. If not I will just buy the projection Halo Angel Eyes.

Thanks for your help.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts