Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey I was wondering if someone can help me, i have a 2007 Pontiac G6 Sedan and two months ago i had bought some led headlights to change out my haglon bulbs i had in it, the problem is the driver side headlight will stay open, but the passenger side headlight keeps going out, i have change the bulbs and i had bought new headlights assembly i am really at a lost where i am ready to give up on this car, can anyone please help me with this problem

·
Super Moderator
4,109 Posts
How are your electrical connections. Any green stuff on them? Every few months I have to pull my conectors. take a brush to them, and throw some die electic grease on them.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Here is the problem. The bulb makes too much heat for the plastic connector and causes it to melt / arc the connection to the bulb. Just replace the plastic one with a ceramic connector and you won't have that problem again.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi Tony 3585,
I had the same problem with my car. I was changing my headlights at a rate that was ridiculous. I thought about a new headlight assembly at first,but then decided to go in and take the entire thing off so I could clean, and really inspect what was going on. (follow wires from connection all the way to the wiring harness to make sure every thing is good, so you don't have to go in again.) I found that my connections were actually melted due to the lights being on all the time. It was a very easy fix, you will need a few things if that is the problem. My car is a 2008 G6 coupe, but I think you would need the same part, if that is the problem. You will also need butt connectors, I prefer the Heat-shrink ones. which I shrink with my soldering iron./ or you can use Solder, and a soldering iron, and a heat shrink tube to create a water tight seal around the connection. I used the Solder and tubing when I did mine, because I think it is a better connection.

Also if you don't have any of these things you may be able to order them through a store like Harbor Freight for literally pennies on the dollar you don't need anything expensive. I have not had a problem with mine since I fixed them myself last year.

Also make sure you are wearing rubber gloves when changing any bulb in the assemble, and as Waterfowler76 said above use a grease made for the job. I use bulb grease which you can pick up or order at any auto parts store. a packet is about $1.50 or you can go to the dealership and get taken to the cleaners. :) hope this helps good luck.

BWD Electrical Socket BWD Electrical Socket
Part No: PT189
Warranty 3 YR REPLACEMENT IF DEFECTIVE

1 - 4 of 4 Posts