Pontiac G6 Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Registered
29 Posts
Ummm........20's at LARGEST....... It's a passenger car, not an SUV man. Shoot it's not even a E class Mercedes. In my humble opinion 19's are the largest I would go. Anything else is going to look way out of place. Don't be one of those guys that makes a car look hideous by doing something so far over the top that looks stupid.

Again, in my opinion, the best way to modify a car, is to work WITH the car. Putting a rim on a passenger car that is 4 inches larger than the largest size offered in stock form is ridiculous.

· Registered
197 Posts
ProudG6Owner said:
Not to mention the mechanical difficulties you run into. You would have to have your speedometer reclaibrated, you would run excess wear and tear on your suspension, not to mention the rubbing you would get while turning.
I would think a wheel that large would rub on the strut where the spring starts, don't you?

· Registered
5 Posts
18"s

My best friend is salesman at a large tire company, he said once you step into the 18's tires can get flippin expensive...for some reason the less rubber used the more expensive it is? So if you go to the 20's check the tire prices first.

· Registered
2 Posts
Dude! Go with 20" rims all the way. I am running a set of Kruz brand rims model K10 I am running on nitto 35 series tires they run great and take bumps well NO PROBLEMS at all and NO RUBBING to some that think different.

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Alloy wheel Motor vehicle

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Alloy wheel Pontiac g6

Let me know what ya think of my ride. So far no problems been running them for 7 months before I took them off for the winter. I also did not get a big change in speedometer. Just tryin to help you out.

· Registered
130 Posts
Tire size

ya i just put on 20's myself no rubbing and its looks ridiculous not too big anything smaller would not look good and a wast of money
What size tire did you go with for your 20s? 225-35-20 or 245-35-20?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.