Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
I live in wisconsin so when i bought the car a month ago it was rusted on both sides below all four doors. The kid that sold me the car informed me that the rocker panels had rusted out so he removed them entirely and that it was only a minor cosmetic repair. Well apparently, these rocker panel things are what keeps the back of the car attached to the front. Now, I'm no expert but I'd say that is more than a cosmetic issue, yeah?!! So I did a bunch of research on rocker panels and replacing them and all that jazz but I just cant seem to find a solution that helps my specific ( poor white girl ) situation. So with that being said, any advice or insight would be greatly appreciated!! I could probably convince my dad to do the work for me but I'd like to be as efficient as possible and have the whole process mapped out ready to go along with whatever parts I will need!

Thanks in advance G6ers!!!!馃榿

Premium Member
should have done more research before you purchased the car. I suggest that you you sell it for parts or keep it as a parts car and get yourself another one in much better condition. Sorry but that is my opinion

Registered
Rocker panels do not keep the front and rear of your car attached . Sorry to say but that kid played you , God only knows what else he has done to the car . If it's running condition drive it but start looking for a new ride .If you can , post a picture of it so it can be better assessed .

Registered
I live in wisconsin so when i bought the car a month ago it was rusted on both sides below all four doors. The kid that sold me the car informed me that the rocker panels had rusted out so he removed them entirely and that it was only a minor cosmetic repair. Well apparently, these rocker panel things are what keeps the back of the car attached to the front. Now, I'm no expert but I'd say that is more than a cosmetic issue, yeah?!! So I did a bunch of research on rocker panels and replacing them and all that jazz but I just cant seem to find a solution that helps my specific ( poor white girl ) situation. So with that being said, any advice or insight would be greatly appreciated!! I could probably convince my dad to do the work for me but I'd like to be as efficient as possible and have the whole process mapped out ready to go along with whatever parts I will need!

Thanks in advance G6ers!!!!馃榿
Body work is always difficult to access for the average owner. I always tell people to get a few estimates from Body Shops first before buying a car, having someone else fix it or doing it yourself. It might look simple enough but there could be some hidden problems or structural issues that can make things a lot more expensive and difficult to repair. As far as getting help on forums like this. You can post a few pictures of the damaged areas but that will only give us a rough idea what is going on. I hope that helps.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts