Pontiac G6 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi guys im new here and i was hoping you guys could help me figure what would cause rough idling with my car. i put new e3 spark plugs in my car yesterday and everything went well as far as the installing went after i put everything back together and drove got a check engine light for about ten minutes then it disappeared and the car drove fine i go to drive it this morning and it rough idles at any stop light and drops to 500 rpm but if i shift it into park or any other gear its fine. so the question is what should i do now

·
Premium Member
1,063 Posts
I might be mistaken but I think ive heard people have problems with those plugs. I would check your plugs again.

·
Premium Member
1,063 Posts
Just go with normal AC Delco plugs. No complaints from those and not really sure if putting aftermarket plugs does anything super special. If the check engine went on after you put those plugs in a piston could be mis firing.

·
Premium Member
1,063 Posts
Case closed haha

·
Premium Member
1,063 Posts
Yw :)

·
Premium Member
1,063 Posts
You're welcome ha

·
Premium Member
1,063 Posts
hahaha

·
Moderator Member Thingy
1,369 Posts
I run E3 spark plugs just fine. I know they are probably overkill, but I'm here as a single case where I have not had any problems. :p

·
Premium Member
1,063 Posts
let us know how the bosch plugs work out.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
So i wake up this morning start the car and the check engine light comes on so i drive it down to autozone for the scan and i got the code for "random misfire" so do i blame the bosch spark plugs? and what should the next step be?

·
Premium Member
1,063 Posts
try just the normal AC delco plugs and see what happens

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.