Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I have an 05' G6 sedan with approx. 50,000k. I notice it's a little rough when shifting into second, more so when it is colder outside or the engine has not yet warmed up. All the rest of gears are noticably smoother...(ie. can barely feel them shift) It doesn't "jerk" by any means it's just a slight hesitation when shifting but it concerns me as this does not happen with the other gears. As the vehicle warms up it's less noticable but still there.

Is this a known issue with Pontiac G6? Any advice much appreciated. I don't want to take it to the dealer at this point...

Thanks.

Shaun

·
Premium Member
566 Posts
I've noticed this too but I just think it's a thing about Pontiac...again it is what you consider a jerk.

Since you're around 50,000 I would recommend a tranny flush. Sometimes this will clear it up. Otherwise I think it's nothing to worry about.

·
Break My Wallet Tech
77 Posts
My 03 chevy had a bulletin for a similar issue, what was done was a flush, filter change and a solenoid was replaced.

This may be your issue...I know, different car and drive line.
But who knows...

More to come when i can look into Mitchel on demand.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Artic, what was the cost to have the flush and solenoid replaced? is that the tranny control solenoid?

·
Break My Wallet Tech
77 Posts
I don't know what the cost was cause when i had it done the truck was under warranty. And I believe it was the control solenoid.

To correct myself the issue i had was when i would take off, it went from 2nd/neutral, into 1st....never the less i will still look into it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts