Pontiac G6 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just picked up my Red GTP coupe with Ebony interior on Monday Oct. 3. Love most of the features and the ride, the handling and most of all the get up and go. Removed the back seat head rests for better sightlines. I notice when in stop and go traffic after braking or coasting to keep up with the traffic flow that the resumption of power (pushing on the gas again) makes a defininte jerk or thump in the drivetrain. Wondering if this is normal on all G6 coupes. My last car was a 99 Grand Am Gt coupe and I never noticed this with it. Not sure if I am nitpicking or if this is due to slackness in the transmission or something. Any info would be appreciated.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I have an auto GTP Coupe and havent really noticed it. It could be because I am taking it easy on it for now. Oh by the way Congratulations and Good color choice.

Charles

·
Registered
532 Posts
Damn you GTP guys... if I step on it after rolling/going slow I have to wait 15 minutes for the RPMs to go up before I can even tell the thing is moving again.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
A little bit squirrly at full throttle from a stop

I finally tried a full throttle take off and found the thrill of the ride to be great. It went a little bit weird(torque steer I guess), but I am not used to this much power. The wheels even did a bit of a burn out with traction control on. Couldn't believe how quick it was doing 120 kph. Wow!!!!. So far I love the car and am glad I waited from the order time in mid May to near the end of September for delivery. Have not found anything big to whine about yet. Ride is great, seats are great and handling under normal driving it great. Trunk room is good with lots of room for golf clubs and a cart. Like the back seat fold down for bigger things in trunk. Have had a lot of people admire the car and say how much they liked the look of it. I have learned to be a little gentler on the throttle while going in slow traffic so that is not a problem either.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Wannahavegtpcoupe said:
I finally tried a full throttle take off and found the thrill of the ride to be great. It went a little bit weird(torque steer I guess), but I am not used to this much power. The wheels even did a bit of a burn out with traction control on. Couldn't believe how quick it was doing 120 kph. Wow!!!!. So far I love the car and am glad I waited from the order time in mid May to near the end of September for delivery. Have not found anything big to whine about yet. Ride is great, seats are great and handling under normal driving it great. Trunk room is good with lots of room for golf clubs and a cart. Like the back seat fold down for bigger things in trunk. Have had a lot of people admire the car and say how much they liked the look of it. I have learned to be a little gentler on the throttle while going in slow traffic so that is not a problem either.
I haven't really stepped on mine yet, that's not to say I don't want to. At almost $200 per tire I'm scared to! :eek: I'm glad I read your post, I didn't know that the back seat was foldable for more room in the trunk. Nice to know when I'm trying to pack in more golf clubs or computers!

·
Registered
220 Posts
S8ER99 said:
Damn you GTP guys... if I step on it after rolling/going slow I have to wait 15 minutes for the RPMs to go up before I can even tell the thing is moving again.
Get an Injen intake. This is the cure.

·
Registered
488 Posts
I must say it is really easy to screech the tires while taking off. I do it almost everyday while leaving work. Not by choice, but I have to make a hard left turn when traffic is coming both ways and I need to get some speed to get out of there. My tires always chirp. If I'm using the tapshift, I can really make them squeal!

Mike

·
Registered
532 Posts
Explr1 said:
Get an Injen intake. This is the cure.
Did it make a huge difference? Im stuck with this POS for at least 4 ~ 5 months... I wouldnt mind picking one up if it makes a large enough difference.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Better Vision out the Back Window

I meant to mention in the last post that I had also removed the rear head rests and found that it is much easier to see what is behind me now. It is easy to do. Push the button on the right headrest support to raise head rest to maximum height and then push in the button at the base of the left headrest support and remove the headrest. Since I never carry anyone in the rear seat anyway this has been the perfect solution for me. At first I found that the viewing area out the back window was very limited and I was afraid of missing seeing someone or something when backing up.

·
Registered
532 Posts
I have missed numerous things while backing up.. unfortunately they were things that sit lower than the truck deck (Like a camaro for instance) so they head rest bit wouldn't work. Thank god Im extra cautious. LOL

1 - 11 of 11 Posts